State Association of Paragliding Sports
Paragliding Association of Arunachal (PAA)
PARAGLIDING ASSOCIATION OF ARUNACHAL (PAA) is registered under
Section 3 of the Societies Registration Act 1860 [As modified by Societies Registration (Extension to Arunachal Pradesh) Act 1978] in ITANAGAR on 26th May 2010. The main objective of the association is to provide a national platform for the Paragliding community in India and to promote, develop, control and regulate the sports of Paragliding.
Objects of PAA
- To promote, develop, control and regulate the sports of Paragliding in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Conduct, encourage, promote, advance and administer the state Sportspersons in National & International competition.
- To promote, control and regulate all Paragliding competitions amongst amateurs and professionals in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- To maintain libraries for general use among the members for diffusion of useful knowledge in the field of Paragliding and Paramotoring
- Affiliate and otherwise liaise with the State Olympic Association, Indian Olympic Association and State Sports & Youth Affairs Department and adopt their rule and policy frameworks to further these Objects.
- To arrange, and manage the National Paragliding both XC & Accuracy Championship, or any other National level championship.
- To make similar arrangements for international championships when held in India.
- To set the selection criteria as the Managing Committee may decide from time to time and to select a State Team for participation in National; International, World championship.
- To collect funds for the purpose of the Association and employ them in such a manner as the Managing Committee considers desirable for the objectives of the Association.
- To purchase, take, lease or hire or otherwise acquire any movable or immovable property, rights or privileges necessary or convenient for the purpose of carrying out the object of the Association or otherwise.
- To invest moneys of the Association in such securities as may be decided upon the Managing Committee from time to time.
- To uphold and maintain the rules and regulations and code of conduct of the Association and to take disciplinary action, as, when and where necessary, for any infringement or indiscipline.
- To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects.